1. SPONSOR: The MDS Foundation, is a 501(c)(3) organization, located at 2 Willow Street, Suite 200, Southborough, Massachusetts, 01745 (“Sponsor”). All of the proceeds from the Raffle will benefit the MDS Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to improving the oral health of the public and professional development of its membership through initiatives in education, advocacy, and promotion of the highest professional standards.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The MDS 150th Commemorative
Raffle (the “Raffle”) is only open to legal residents of Maine, Massachusetts,
New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island or Connecticut who are at least 25 years
of age or older at the time of entry, who have a valid state driver’s license,
and who are physically present at an Approved Location (defined below) when
purchasing a Raffle ticket. All federal,
state, and local laws and regulations apply. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Raffle
tickets may not be purchased in the name of a business, trust, corporation or
entity. Only one (1) individual may be identified as the purchaser of the Raffle
ticket. Employees or members of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, dealers,
retailers, advertising and promotion agencies, and electronic media firms, who
are directly involved in the promotion or operation of the Raffle; their
immediate family; or any other individual directly involved in the promotion or
operation of the Raffle are not eligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses,
grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Raffle is subject to these Official Rules. By purchasing a Raffle ticket, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. It is strongly recommended that entrants review these Official Rules prior to purchasing a Raffle ticket.
4. TO ENTER: Between January 30, 2014, and June 13, 2014 (“Raffle Period”), entrants can purchase Raffle tickets at a cost of $150 per ticket. Tickets will be sold onsite at the 2014 Yankee Dental Congress, January 30 – February 1, 2014, and onsite at Sponsor’s location at Sponsor’s address. There are no complementary or discounted Raffle tickets. A maximum of 1,000 tickets will be sold. Ticket sales will cease when the maximum number of qualified entries is reached. Any requests and payments received following the cut-off time or after the sale of 1,000 tickets will be returned to the purchaser. If fewer than 100 raffle tickets are sold by the end of the Raffle Period, Sponsor will take all steps necessary to notify ticket purchasers and return all monies received within 30 days after the date of the scheduled Raffle, using the information provided on the entrant’s raffle ticket.
The Internal Revenue Service maintains that the purchase of a Raffle ticket is not a charitable donation and therefore NO part of the purchase price is tax-deductible. To enter, entrants will fill out a Raffle ticket with all required information and sign the Raffle ticket where indicated at time of purchase. The seller will detach the ticket and give entrants their ticket stubs. Entrants must save the original Raffle stub since the original (not a copy) is required to claim the prize if his/her ticket is selected in the Raffle drawing. The Raffle ticket is good only for the purchaser and cannot be resold or otherwise transferred.
5. WARNING: Depositing a Raffle ticket or any other material in connection with a Raffle in the federal (USPS) mail is a violation of federal law and may lead to criminal penalties.
6. RAFFLE DRAWING: On June 13, 2014, at MDS Annual Session, the Winner will be randomly selected in a drawing from all Raffle tickets sold. All Raffle tickets sold have an equal chance of winning. Attendance at the Raffle drawing is NOT required to win a prize. The Winner will be notified in person or by announcement at the Annual Session, if the Winner is present. If the Winner is not present, he/she will be notified by telephone, using the contact information provided at the time of purchase. The name of the Winner will be posted on the Massachusetts Dental Society’s website at www.massdental.org/150 on June 14, 2014, at 9:00 a.m. EST. The Winner must claim his/her prize subject to the restrictions below, and may be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release (and where permitted by law, a Publicity Release), within five (5) business days after the date the Winner is notified and/or his or her name is posted, whichever occurs first, or an alternate Winner will be selected.
7. PRIZE AWARDED:
The Grand Prize is a two (2) year prepaid lease of a 2014 Mercedes Benz CLA 250. The approximate retail value is $10,000. The Grand Prize is available for inspection throughout the Raffle period, at Mercedes-Benz of Boston, 259 McGrath Highway, Somerville, MA 02145.
8. ADDITIONAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: The Prize will be provided on an “AS-IS” basis. No prize substitutions and no prize transfers are permitted. The Grand Prize CANNOT be redeemed or exchanged for cash or credit. Only the individual identified on the winning raffle ticket will be eligible to claim the Grand Prize.
The actual specifications, features, packages, options, and accessories for vehicle (other than the manufacturer’s standard base features for the vehicle model) shall be at the discretion of Sponsor and the leasing agent. Each entrant and participant specifically acknowledges that the color of the vehicle may be different than the vehicle that will be used for promotional purposes.
The Winner will be solely responsible for taxes on the fair market value of the prize as this is ordinary income of the Winner for state and federal income tax purposes. The IRS requires that income tax withholding on prize values of $5,000 or greater must be paid upon award and distribution of a prize. Government rules governing withholding can change without notice. Sponsor will follow the applicable government rules in effect at the time the Prize is awarded. Each entrant acknowledges that the IRS and other government authorities may place a different value on the Prize than that stated herein. The Winner further understands that Sponsor is obligated to report the Winner’s receipt of the prize to appropriate governmental authorities in accordance with applicable law.
The Winner will be responsible for costs/expenses in conjunction with claiming possession and use of the vehicle, including but not limited to tags, license plates, insurance, and registration, as well as local, state, and federal taxes when the lease is transferred to the Winner. In addition, all costs incurred during the lease period, such as gasoline and oil, maintenance not specifically covered under the vehicle warranty, adequate insurance as required by the Lease Agreement, etc., are the Winner's sole responsibility. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for the Winner's tax and/or legal obligations and suggests the Winner consult his/her tax and/or legal advisor. The Winner will be able to review the terms of the lease prior to accepting the prize. If the Winner declines to enter the lease or otherwise does not meet requirements to claim the prize, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the Winner, require that the Prize be returned (if applicable) and select an alternate potential winner by random draw from the remaining eligible entries; provided, however, Sponsor is not required to select an alternate winner.
The Winner must take possession of vehicle at Mercedes-Benz of Boston, 259 McGrath Highway, Somerville, MA 02145, no later than July 31, 2014. If the Prize is not claimed by this date, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the Winner and select an alternate potential winner by random draw from the remaining eligible entries. The Winner will be required to present a valid Massachusetts driver’s license, a signed lease, and proof of insurance when the Winner takes possession of the vehicle. The Winner will be subject to the approval of the Winner’s credit worthiness. The date of the lease will begin the date of the lease, provided all the requirements are satisfied, and will last for the term provided in the lease.
9. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning depend upon the number of Raffle tickets sold during the Raffle Period. If the maximum number of tickets is sold, the odds of winning are 1:1000.
10. RELEASE: By participating in this Raffle, entrants hereby waive, release, and agree to hold harmless Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, electronic media firms, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents (the “Sponsor Parties”), from and against any and all rights, claims and causes of action whatsoever that the entrants may have, or which may arise, against any of the Sponsor Parties for any liability for any matter, cause, or thing whatsoever, including but not limited to (a) any incomplete, incorrect, or inaccurate information; (b) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of Raffle tickets; or (c) any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, programming or failure of e-mail on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof, or for injury or damage to entrant’s or to any person’s computer (or any information/materials stored therein) related to or resulting from downloading materials from any website or participating in the Raffle. The Sponsor Parties are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, or incomplete entries or Internet, technical, hardware, software, telephone, or transmission failures of any kind that may limit an entrant's ability to participate in the Raffle. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person's computer, tablet, or smartphone related to or resulting from downloading any materials in connection with the Raffle.
11. RULES CHANGES. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time. Sponsor shall notify entrants of changes to the Official Rules and, if a material change is implemented, will offer entrants an opportunity to rescind his/her purchase of the Raffle ticket. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who violates these Official Rules or any law, rule or regulation in connection with the Raffle, disrupts or tampers with the operation of the Raffle or engages in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor or any other entrant (all as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion).
12. PRIVACY: Sponsor respects the privacy of its members. The information provided by entrants to enter the Raffle shall be used only for communication about the Raffle and/or other services of the Sponsor.
13. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/REFUND POLICY: Safekeeping of Raffle ticket stub is entrant’s responsibility. Any attempted transfer, purchase, sale or auction of the Raffle ticket constitutes fraud by attempted reseller and attempted buyer of the Raffle ticket and renders the Raffle ticket void. Raffle tickets obtained from unauthorized sources are void. A Raffle ticket stub is void and will not be accepted if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that the stub has been tampered with, altered, counterfeited or forged or is otherwise irregular or invalid, nor is Sponsor responsible for stubs that are lost, damaged, destroyed, stolen, incomplete or illegible; and, in all such cases, such stubs are void and Sponsor shall have no liability in conjunction with same. In such event or if Sponsor otherwise has reason to believe that someone has tampered with a Raffle ticket (including stub) or the Raffle generally, or has otherwise attempted to defraud Sponsor in any way, Sponsor may disqualify such person and may otherwise seek to protect its rights via all available legal remedies, including possible criminal prosecution. Sponsor further reserves the right to confiscate and retain any Raffle tickets suspected of being invalid. In no event will Sponsor award more than one (1) Grand Prize. Should a printing, programming or other error result in multiple winning Raffle ticket stubs for the Grand Prize, only one (1) Grand Prize will be awarded in a random drawing from among the holders of all such “winning” stubs. Sponsor disclaims any liability for typographical, printing, production or other errors with Raffle tickets, with the understanding that Sponsor’s sole liability for a defective or irregular Raffle ticket is replacement with another ticket (provided supplies last) or the refund of the purchase price of such Raffle ticket. REFUND POLICY: EXCEPT WHERE OTHERWISE INDICATED, TICKET PRICE IS NOT REFUNDABLE UNLESS SPONSOR CANCELS OR OTHERWISE MATERIALLY ALTERS THE RAFFLE.
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and its agents assume no responsibility for, and entrants waive claims for, any injury, loss or damage, whether direct, compensatory, incidental or consequential, and whether to person or property, including death and personal injury, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the entrant’s acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize in the Raffle, or the entrant’s participation in the Raffle, or participation in any Raffle- or prize-related activity, or any travel related to the Raffle, or any travel for any prize-related activity, and/or such participant’s failure to win the Prize and/or comply with the Lease (as applicable). SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONJUNCTION WITH ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WITH RESPECT TO THE VALUE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE PRIZE. All such guarantees and warranties are expressly disclaimed to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. Sponsor accepts no liability or responsibility regarding the manufacturing or condition of the Prize.
15. FORCE MAJEURE: If the Raffle drawing cannot be conducted at the date, time, and location indicated in Paragraph 6 due to fire, flood, storm, or other natural cataclysm, riot, strike, civil commotion, materials shortage, governmental regulation, terrorist act (or threat of same) or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor, Sponsor will conduct the Raffle drawing at an alternate date, time, and location to be posted at www.massdental.org/150.
16. GOVERNING LAW: By participating in this Raffle each entrant agrees that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed and constructed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and that Sponsor’s interpretation and application of these rules is final and binding on all entrants.
17. WINNER’S LIST: For a copy of the Winner’s list for the Raffle, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Sponsor at the above address, ATTN: Winner’s List, within 6 months after this Raffle ends.
18. RIGHT TO TERMINATE THE RAFFLE: Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or declare the Raffle null and void and rescind any prize if, in its sole discretion, the rules or the integrity of the Raffle have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not an entrant in the Raffle. Should the Raffle not occur, Sponsor will take all steps necessary to notify ticket purchasers and return all monies received within 30 days after the date of the scheduled Raffle.