2012 Grant Recipients
The MDS Foundation Grant Program focuses on the Foundation's primary goals of improving the oral health of all of the citizens of Massachusetts, and increasing access to care for underserved populations in the state. The following organizations and programs received grants in 2012.
• Hillcrest Educational Center, Inc., in Pittsfield received a grant to support the construction of a new dental operatory in its North Adams satellite location. This will increase access to care for developmentally disabled patients.
• Forsyth Institute in Lynn will use funding to expand access to preventative dental care to low income high school students as part of its Forsyth Teens program.
• HealthCare Options, Inc., in Attleboro received a grant to pay the salary and benefits for a program coordinator.
• Hilltown Community Health Center in Worthington will use funds to expand outreach and increase access for physically disabled patients.
• Codman Square Health Center in Dorchester received a grant to purchase equipment to expand the types of services they provide, such as endodontics.